There are simply not enough hours in the day for me to do all the things I want..or need… to do. I ahve so many creative ideas buzzing around in my head.. but not the time to do them. I started making some polymer beads a week ago. They have been cooked… but only about four of them have been sanded and buffed… I still have about 30 to go!
I have managed to make a couple of new things, in between listing lots of things in my ArtFire studio.
I had a fabulous purple polymer clay cabochon that I made a few weeks back.. and it was just begging to be wire wrapped. So that is what I did.. in purple artistic wire.
I love how it turned out. I added a few Swarovski bicones for an extra bit of sparkle.
I also had some ‘brain cane’ beads left.. so I made up a bracelet and earrings set with a few pearls in grey, black and maroon. These were the tiniest polymer beads I made.. very tricky to sand and buff things this small.. something to remember for the future.
Both of these are in Haffina Creations on ArtFire.
I am expecting a big beadie order in the next day or so.. including some more polymer clay.. so hopefully soon I will have some new things to show off.
I am also right in the middle of making a Turkish Roundmaille bracelet in anodized niobium. I bought my first lot of rings (usually I cut them myself) in a lovely range of purples. I have to say I am really enjoying working with properly cut rings.. they are much easier to close cleanly. The Turkish Roundmaille has been somewhat more problematic. I ‘get’ the weave, but also find I can easily make mistakes if Im not paying attention properly.. which has meant I have undone quite a bit. I have three different tones of purple and when I first started the bracelet I was only using one shade.. then I decided to mix them together.. which meant I had to undo what I had already done.. which was about 3 inches. Proper planning probably would have helped. But it does look very funky.. and if I have enough rings left I think I will make a pair of earrings, especially as I have some niobium earwires I can use for them.
Hopefully I will get more time to create over the next few days… need to clear some of the ideas from my head to make space for new ones.